Chester, IL




211 N Hasle St

Sparta, IL 62286

Voice: 618.443.2995


Health Department

Administration & Clinic

2515 State St

Chester, IL 62233

Voice: 618.826.5007

Fax: 618.826.5223

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Is smoking allowed in any building and how do I file a complaint?

The Smoke-Free Illinois Act (SFIA) requires that public places and places of employment must be completely smoke-free inside and within 15 feet from entrances, exits, windows that open and ventilation intakes. This includes but is not limited to:

Public places and buildings, offices, elevators, restrooms, theaters, museums, libraries, educational institutions, schools, commercial establishments, enclosed shopping centers and retail stores, restaurants, bars, taverns and gaming facilities lobbies, reception areas, hallways, meeting rooms, waiting rooms, break rooms and other common-use areas. Concert halls, auditoriums, enclosed or partially enclosed sports arenas, bowling alleys, skating rinks, convention facilities, polling places and private clubs. Hospitals, health care facilities, health care clinics, child care, adult care or other similar social service care centers. No less than 75 percent of hotel or motel sleeping quarters rented to guests. Public conveyances, government-owned vehicles and vehicles open to the public.

Complaints made be made anonymously online by clicking HERE

Complaints may also be made anonymously by calling the Randolph County Health Department at 618.826.5007 ext. 120.

Do we have applications for Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)?

No. The State of Illinois no longer accepts paper applications for TANF, SNAP, and Medicaid. However, you can apply for and manage benefits online by visiting Illinois' Application for Benefits Eligibility (ABE).

Click HERE to access ABE

Does the Health Department have applications for the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program?

No, WIC applications are electronic, If you are interested in WIC, please call 618.826.5007 ext. 112 or 113 in Chester or 618.443.2995 in Sparta. WIC staff will screen for eligibility over the phone.

Do we have a list of dentists? 

Yes, the health department has a list of local dentists.

For a list of dentists who accept Medical Card Dental Insurance please call Doral Dental at 1.888.286.2447.

Do we provide car seats?


Who tests the mold in my residence?

No agency currently inspects, tests, or regulates the presence of mold in your residence, even if you rent. The growth of mold indicates the presence of moisture and the lack of adequate ventilation. Temporary control measures include washing the surface with soap and water and rinsing with a vinegar solution. Portable fans may help in providing ventilation to the surface.

How much does a permit cost to drill a well?

The fee is $100.00

Can I get a pregnancy test done at the Randolph County Health Department?


I am trying to breastfeed. How long does it take for my milk to come in and do I need to supplement until it does?

It can take up to three days for your milk to come in. Meanwhile, your baby is receiving colostrum and should be all your baby needs. Follow up with your healthcare provider with concerns you may have. 

Did the flu shot I got last year give me the flu?

No. Influenza vaccines do not contain live virus.

Where do I get a birth certificate in Randolph County?

You may obtain a birth certificate at the Randolph County Clerk’s Office in the Randolph County Courthouse. You can reach the County Clerk's Office by calling 618.826.5000 ext. 112.

What is the telephone number for the Department of Human Services (formerly Public Aid)?

The number for the Department of Human Services is 618.826.4558

Where can I receive family planning services in Randolph County?

You can receive family planning services from your healthcare provider or call 211 for social service information.

What vaccines do I need for international travel and where can I get these immunizations?

The travel destination determines the vaccine(s) you will need. Visit the Center’s for Disease Control and Prevention by clicking HERE. Select your destination, answer a few questions, and the website will provide the recommended vaccines.

Locations that offer international travel immunizations:

Barnes Care Traveler’s Health Services
11501 Page Service Road
St. Louis MO 63146

Gateway Regional Medical Center
2044 Madison Ave, Suite G6
Granite City IL 62040
By appointment only.

Passport Health
2025 S Brentwood
St. Louis MO 63144
By appointment only.

Visiting Nurse Association
11440 Olive Blvd, Suite 200
Creve Couer MO 63141
314.918.7171 ext. 1245
By appointment and/or walk-ins welcome.